– Stunning Hepplewhite style breakfront bookcase in satinwood
– Important piece of an architectural quality
– Hope the photos do this stunning piece some justice, certainly more impressive in the flesh
– Glass fronted top lots of book storage ares
– Top is surmounted by the cornice with broken arch pediment centrepiece
– Bottom half is the drawer unit with intricate hand painted designs
– Hand crafted in England to centuries old traditions will last for generations
You are viewing a fantastic Sheraton style mahogany breakfront bookcase. The piece comes in two parts, the four door – four drawer base, and the glass fronted top. It\’s the perfect mix of aesthetic beauty and practical usefulness and will add a touch of style and elegance to any interiors scheme.
The piece has the characteristic Sheraton style inlay to the front with the urns and garlands gracing the front of the two doors. There is also a thin strip bordering the doors, drawers and glass fronted doors. If you imagine how this inlay is created you can see how much skilled craftmanship and man hours goes into the making of this fine piece of furniture. Each piece of marquetry inlay design has to be cut out of the softer fruitwood and then embedded into the harder mahogany of the main structure.